What Is Horsetail Used For? Horsetail is a plant extract (not from an actual horse’s tail!) that boasts a large number of skin benefits. It contains rich levels of silicic acid, which helps strengthen connective tissues, and antioxidants which fight free radical damage that breaks down collagen. Together, these ingredients equal diminished wrinkles for smoother, softer skin. It also soothes by being an anti-inflammatory and promotes skin healing with antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. Plus, it acts as an astringent to tighten pores.
Horsetail is rich in many nutrients and minerals including silicium, potassium, calcium and manganese, as well it contains phytosterols, bioflavonoids, saponins, phenolic and caffeic acids, alkaloids and tannins. Horsetail has antioxidant, antimicrobial, antibacterial, antifungal, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties that help heal many health problems and promote beautiful and flawless appearance.
What Are the Benefits of Horsetail to your skin?
- Promotes a tighter and firmer look
- Cleansing properties help minimize the appearance of large poress and tone the look of skin
- Improves skin texture with a moisturizing effect
- Good for sensitive skin
- Natural source of nutrients like calcium, magnesium, zinc, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and vitamin C
- Antioxidant activity protects from environmental stressors
- Contains a variety of bioflavonoids
What Is Horsetail Used In? Moisturizers and serums, specifically those formulated for anti-aging and skin-smoothing benefits.
Horsetail has so many benefits for skin we included it in our Calmante Latte Soothing Milk.